Home and Community Based Care
Do you need help to care for your loved one at home? Do you need help paying for care in an Assisted Living Facility?
Accessing these services for seniors can be very complicated, but our Options and Medicaid Benefit Counselors are here to help you understand the program options that may be available to you.
Options and Medicaid Benefits Counselors provide counseling and screening for seniors, caregivers, and families as the single- entry point for accessing a variety of programs designed to provide supports for seniors seeking assistance in the community or at home.
Some Services The Programs Provide Are:
- Case management
- Personal care to assist with bathing and dressing
- Respite care to provide a break to a family member or friend that provides care in the home
- Homemaking such as dish washing, dusting, making up the bed
- Emergency alert to notify of a fall
- Home delivered meals
- Assistance to help purchase consumable medical home supplies
- Assistance paying for services in an Assisted living Facility
- Information and education to assist you and your family to make choices about in-home and long-term care programs and services.
- Information about the alternatives to nursing home facilities, when other options are possible.
- Screening for publicly funded programs for you or a loved one to determine if you qualify for help in the home or in community settings, like assisted living facilities.
Ready To Get Started?
For more information about the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care program, please call visit the LTC website at: SMMC Long-Term Care Program -The Agency For Healthcare
Specific Information for obtaining Medicaid coverage for nursing home care is available at: Comprehensive Assessment and Review for Long-Term Care Services (CARES)
National Clearinghouse for Long-term Care: https://acl.gov/ltc
To search for licensed Home Health agencies, Homemaker Companion agencies, and other types of providers: www.floridahealthfinder.gov