Whether You Have A Little Time Or A Lot Of Time.
If you want to stay active and engaged, advocate, or facilitate, there is probably an opportunity that fits! From office tasks to leading a discussion, we welcome volunteers of all skill levels and interests. Bilingual volunteers are especially needed, although the ability to speak multiple languages is not required.
Eligibility to Volunteer
- The Board of Directors
- Provide governance, guidance, and strategy to lead Elder Options in serving seniors, caregivers, and persons living with disabilities.
- Advisory Council
- Advocate for seniors in your community and advise on Elder Options plans.
- SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) Counselors
- Provide free unbiased health insurance counseling to seniors and empower seniors to prevent Medicare fraud.
- Healthy Aging Volunteers
- Train to teach or support workshops such as Tai Chi, Diabetes Empowerment Education Program, or A Matter of Balance in your community to help older adults stay healthy longer.
- Caregiver Training and Support Volunteers
- To provide support for caregivers, such as helping with Savvy Caregiver Training classes, or lead an Elder Options sponsored support group, and more.
- Hope Heroes
- To help older residents when a storm is approaching and after it has passed. Sing up at helpcreatehome.com
- Loading and unloading sandbags before a storm
- Working in special needs shelters to provide assistance to seniors
- Helping older residents put shutters on their home
- Distributing food and materials to seniors before and after a storm
- Assisting with minor yard debris clean up