Help available after hospital release
What is the Care Transitions Program?
The Care Transitions Program provides assistance for individuals who are just released from a hospital or rehab stay and need help while they recuperate in their own homes. This help can prevent or delay nursing home placement and hospital re-admission. Care Transitions provides help and support for qualifying seniors for up to 30 days.
How can Care Transitions help me?
The Care Transitions Program may provide a range of services including:
- Care Coaching
- Medication Reconciliation
- Development of a Personal Health Record
- Home delivered meals
- Other needed services
Who is ELIGIBLE for Care Transitions?
The program is currently available for residents of the area who:
- Are being discharged from the hospital, living temporarily in a nursing home or are rehabilitation center patient
- Have a need for these services
How do I APPLY for the Care Transitions Program?
- The application process begins with a call to the Elder Helpline at 1-800-262-2243
- The Elder Helpline is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Voice Mail is available after hours.