More than 100 million people in the U.S. have diabetes or pre-diabetes.
You deserve to feel better!
It’s worth investing some time into improving your health.
Diabetes Self-Management Workshops are led by teams of volunteers with at least one of the two having diabetes themselves. It’s easier to learn from someone else who knows what you are dealing with.
Subjects covered include:
1) Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration;
2) Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance;
3) Healthy eating
4) Appropriate use of medication; and
5) Working more effectively with healthcare providers.
What you have to gain:
- Lower risk of complications from your diabetes.
- Improve hemoglobin A1c by as much as 1%
- Improved quality of life
For more information about the Diabetes Self-Management Program please call Betty Flagg at (352) 692-5219 or email to HealthyAging@agingresources.org